Do you ever wonder why we do what we do......Scrapbook? For me it is too leave a footprint on this world, a window into how my family lived its life...our history, our heritage...........how much we were loved, by family, by friends, by the Universe.



To scrapbook or not to scrapbook this is the question? For me there is no contest, scrapbooking became a way of life, my passion, my obsession, my sanctuary. I am a firm believer that the photos we take are a bonus, that its about the story we tell, what we leave behind for future generations so they too can know us.................so that they can feel the love I have for my family even when I am no longer around to share it with them.



I hope that if I cant inspire you to join the ranks of the Scrapbooking community at large that you will at least leave a journal of the well trodden road you have travelled, sharing your adventures, your family traditions, the story you have to tell.

Monday, January 3, 2011

PLAYING WITH MY COPIC MARKERS

Well i finally found a bit of time to play with my pens, i have been missing them heaps. I think they will be the last of my craft supplies to get packed. I decided to colour a Tiddlyinks "Fairy Fae Catches a Star" digital stamp. You can find her here. www.tiddlyinks.com/item_170/Fairy-Fae-Catches-a-Star.htm I have been checking out some really talented ladies on the internet, they use there Copic Markers to create some really fabulous shadowing and i wanted to give it a try so this is my first attemp. I am not 100% happy with it, I probaly shouldnt have gone with pink for my first try as i find it a little harder to blend but overall i think i am hooked now and will be looking at adding this type of depth to my colouring images in future. I have added the folds in the skirt of the fairies dress if you have a look at the original stamp you will see that it is just a straight skirt with only a little contour line on the right hand side. Let me know what you think.



Darelle

2 comments:

  1. Love it, it looks great. You should be very proud of yourself xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and shading Darelle!

    ReplyDelete