Do you ever wonder why we do what we do......Scrapbook? For me it is too leave a footprint on this world, a window into how my family lived its life...our history, our heritage...........how much we were loved, by family, by friends, by the Universe.



To scrapbook or not to scrapbook this is the question? For me there is no contest, scrapbooking became a way of life, my passion, my obsession, my sanctuary. I am a firm believer that the photos we take are a bonus, that its about the story we tell, what we leave behind for future generations so they too can know us.................so that they can feel the love I have for my family even when I am no longer around to share it with them.



I hope that if I cant inspire you to join the ranks of the Scrapbooking community at large that you will at least leave a journal of the well trodden road you have travelled, sharing your adventures, your family traditions, the story you have to tell.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A CHRISTMAS GIFT I MADE FOR A WONDERFUL YOUNG LADY

My son asked me if I would make something for his girlfriend for Christmas...............mmmmm I said, and what would that be exactly? (not that I have a problem making something for his girl, she is an exceptional young lady whom I admire very much) You know that frame thing you made for Juliet, well I know she would like one of those. Okay then but it will be different to Juliet's as I don't want to make them exactly the same.

I don't think I can show the original one I made as it was published in the Home Decor addition of Scrapbook Creations....some of you have probably already seen it anyway)
The photos that they gave me were taken with a mobile phone and were not very good so I am going to take some more professional shots on Tuesday so that I can finish the project and send it on its way to its new home. We have some lovely bushland at the bottom of our street so I will take some shots there, hopefully i will get some nice ones to use.
I have used some really nice Prima Flowers out of my stash and I made the big pink flower on the far left hand side out of coffee filters, Glimmer Mist and some Kaiser paint lightly brushed on with a dry brush. I know I will still add some finishing touches to this project over the next couple of days, some beads here and some distressing and tearing there until I have it just right, but overall i am very happy with the way my gift is shaping up. I hope you enjoy checking it out.


Darelle

1 comment: