Do you ever wonder why we do what we do......Scrapbook? For me it is too leave a footprint on this world, a window into how my family lived its life...our history, our heritage...........how much we were loved, by family, by friends, by the Universe.



To scrapbook or not to scrapbook this is the question? For me there is no contest, scrapbooking became a way of life, my passion, my obsession, my sanctuary. I am a firm believer that the photos we take are a bonus, that its about the story we tell, what we leave behind for future generations so they too can know us.................so that they can feel the love I have for my family even when I am no longer around to share it with them.



I hope that if I cant inspire you to join the ranks of the Scrapbooking community at large that you will at least leave a journal of the well trodden road you have travelled, sharing your adventures, your family traditions, the story you have to tell.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I did this card a few weeks ago but have not had the time to post it. I have enjoyed creating some monochromatic images and this is one of my favourites. I havent decided what this card is for so i will add the sentiments when i gift it someone.
Ballerina Tilda is such a sweet stamp that would look good in any colour. This was a bit of a challenge for me, with over 200 colours in my collection i still find it hard to find a blend of pinks that i like so when i decided to colour her all in pink i was a bit worried about the end result..........overall i am very happy how she turned out.


I was so excited when i got Mermaid Tilda but wasnt sure how i would use her, then i found this Under the Sea background at Alota Rubber Stamps and new that they were meant together. I found the sentiment at 2 Peas in a bucket and changed it slightly to suit my card. My Daughter keeps hinting that she would like this for her next Birthday but its no tuntil May next year so am not so sure this will last that long in my card box.
I Used Copic markers to colour this card, for those of you who dont know what copic markers are or havent tried them then you are really missing out big time, I have rediscovered how much I love to colour in.
I used Crepe paper and tissue wrap to creat the water effect on the cardstock line and have added flower soft and Magic Scrap ice shavings which give it a real shimmering effect that doesnt really show up in this photograph. The rolled edges have been painted with Glimmer Glam (Dirty Martini)



9 comments:

  1. oh these are beautiful. So glad you shared with the group. I just love the maggie under the sea. gorgeous. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are just delightful. How fun the Ballerina card is done in a monochromatic color - quite daring to do the card in pink! The undersea scene with Mermaid Tilda is delightful. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with both of your cards. I just love the pinks. Copics are my favorite, too. I am completely hooked as you are. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just beautiful--I'm so happy you shared them with us! Ballerina Tilda is so soft & pretty and the mermaid card has gorgeous accents!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! Ballerina is so soft and pretty, and mermaid Tilda is colorful and vibrant! Great job! Don't know if you've tried them, but my all time favorite pink combo is R81, R83, and R85.
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you chose to share. These cards are delightful, the coloring is great and the layouts are oh so pretty. Hope you share more soon.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are very good. I love the way you colored your images:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! I especially love the ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful Darell. The first card is beautiful and the distressing on the second card so cool :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete